THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“The women’s movement has given me a sense of myself and a place in the world.”
Advocate for women’s rights. Leader in corporate government and non-profit environments. Director of the Feminist Women’s Health Center. Feminist Women’s Health Center Institute. Corporate government and non-profit environment including the Community and Urban Forestry Coordinator, State Department Of Natural Resources, Seattle WA.
Interviewed by Judy Waxman, September 2020
Photo 1. Shelley at the Feminist Women’s Health Center, circa 1975. Photo 2. Shelley and Kathy Hodge, contributors to the book, A New View of a Woman’s Body, 1982.
More About Shelley:
- Women’s Health in Women’s Hands website
- Emma Goldman Clinic, Iowa City, Iowa records
- The Feminist Women’s Health Center Report, 1975
- Select newspaper clippings 1973 – 1982
- The First Self Help Clinic, 1971
- Mentioned in Barbara Love’s book, Feminists Who Changed America, page 223