The VFA Pioneer Histories Project
Who Are We? We WERE Those Women
The VFA Pioneer Histories Project is capturing the first-person stories of activists who impacted all areas of American life and society. That’s where you come in.
If you were a Second Wave activist or if you know someone who made a difference, we need those stories. Here are some easy options:
- Ask someone to interview you. If you know another activist, interview each other. You can use a smart phone or iPad or audio recorder.
- When it’s done, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what format it is in, and we will let you know where to send it.
- We can interview you on video via zoom, either on your computer or your smart phone. If you would like to be interviewed, please email us at at email@example.com. We will be in touch with you for next steps.
- If you already have a recording of your own story, we would like to have a copy of that interview to add to our project. Email us that information.
If you know of other Second Wave feminists whose story has not been told, please provide the name, contact information and a few sentences about the person to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VFA Pioneer Histories Project Supporting Documents
- Interview Guide – Pioneer Histories Project
- Pioneer Histories Project Interview Questions
- VFA Biographical Form
- VFA Consent Form
- Zoom Interview Guide
This is an incredibly important project, and we need your participation. Only those of us who were active in the movement can tell our own stories. It’s more important than ever that we record and collect our stories now.
Thanks much for your willingness to participate.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact one of the VFA Pioneer Histories Project Co-Chairs:
Mary Jean Collins, email@example.com
Kathy Rand, firstname.lastname@example.org