THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“Collectively We Saved Title IX.”
Founder and Director, Project on Equal Education Rights (PEER), part of the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund. Founder and First Chair, Education Task Force, which became the National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education.
Interviewed by Jill Westmoreland, January 2019
Photo 1. Holly Knox, January 2019. Photo 2. Holly Knox PEER-era photo.
More About Holly:
- With Sherry Boschert, 2016, PEER took Title IX to the Kids
- VFA Honors Holly – 2002
- Cracking the Glass Slipper: PEER’s Guide to Ending Sex Bias in Your Schools
- The Harvard Education Review 1979, An Interview on Title IX with Shirley Chisholm, Holly Knox, Leslie R. Wolfe, Cynthia G. Brown, and Mary Kaaren Jolly
- PEER’s landmark study of HEW’s handling of Title IX complaints
- Newspaper clippings 1976 – 1979