THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“I Went to a NOW Meeting – and the Sky Opened Up.”
Attorney. Educator. Policymaker and Change Agent. Montgomery County, MD Chapter of the National Women’s Political Caucus. NOW, Montgomery County, MD. Women’s Lobby. Chair, Women’s Medical Center, Chair of the Board of Directors. National Women’s Party, Board Member. National Women’s Law Center, V.P. for Health and Reproductive Rights. Women’s Information Network (WIN). Oral Historian for National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association (NFPRHA). Adjunct Professor, Reproductive Health Policy: George Washington University, School of Public Health. Oral Historian.
Interviewed by Mary Jean Collins, VFA Historian, August 2019
Photo 1. Judy Waxman with daughter Jennifer and son Andrew at the Pro-Choice March, April 9, 1989. Photo 2. Judy and daughter Jennifer at the Woman’s March January 21, 2017.
More About Judy:
- Will Women Ever Have Control of Their Own Bodies – Medium.com
- Testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee Subcommittee on Health regarding secretly recorded videos of Planned Parenthood, 2015
- North Carolina Policy Watch – a crucial conversation on women’s health and the Affordable Care Act, 2014
- “Your Mother’s Medicine: A New Approach to the Health Care of Women throughout their Lifespan,” Health Law and Policy Brief: December 2012
- Interview on NPR – Is Being A Woman A Pre-existing Condition? 2009
- Kaiser Family Foundation – On the Health Care Debate
- Various Interviews on C-SPAN 1991 – 2012
- National Women’s Law Center – various articles, 2003-2014
- The Commonwealth Fund – Women and Health Coverage: The Affordability Gap, 2007
- Various Medicaid Proposals