THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“You Have to Stay Persistent and You Have to Keep Pursuing Justice.”
Lifelong Advocate for Women and Girls. Illinois NOW. Assistant to President Obama, Executive Director of the White House Council on Women and Girls, and Chief of Staff to First Lady Michelle Obama, Office of Public Engagement. United State of Women. Girls Opportunity Alliance. Workplace Cultural Compliance. Times Up Legal Defense Fund.
Interviewed by Kathy Rand, VFA Executive VP, June 15, 2019
Photo 1. Tina Tchen. Photo 2. Tina Tchen in 1980. Photo 3. Tina Tchen and Ellie Smeal.
More About Tina:
- My ERA Story: Time’s Up CEO Got Her Feminist Start Working for the ERA, by Carrie N. Baker, March 16, 2021
- On C-SPAN
- Illinois Senate 83rd General Assembly July 1st, 1983 – The First Conference Committee report on HB606 passes
- White House Council on Women and Girls
- The United State of Women
- Girls Opportunity Alliance – Obama Foundation
- Workplace Cultural Compliance
- Bloomberg News interviews Tina Tchen and Roberta Kaplan about Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund