THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
January 20, 1944 – June 19, 1989
“I’m waiting for the revolution that will let me take all my parts.”
Poet. Black Panther Party. Black Women’s Revolutionary Council. Co-founder of the Women’s Press Collective. Medical coordinator of the Oakland Feminist Women’s Health Center.
Photo 1. Pat Parker. Photo 2. Pat Parker and Audre Lorde.
More About Pat:
- “Movement in Black” for Pat Parker at the San Francisco Public Library
- Selected Poems by Pat Parker in her own voice
- Pat Parker Papers at the Schlesinger Library
- Selected Books by and about Pat Parker
- Pat Parker Talks About Her Life and Her Work by Libby Woodwoman of Big Mama Rag, August 1975
- Voices from the Gaps – University of Minnesota
- Cited in Barbara Love’s Book – Feminists Who Changed America – pages 350 – 351