THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
Working Tirelessly to Improve Opportunities for Children with Disabilities.
Civil Rights Lawyer with a focus on Disability Rights. Author. Supporter of Abortion Rights. Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP). Women’s Rights Project Fund – CLASP. Women’s Legal Defense Fund. Co-founder of the National Women’s Law Center. Enforcement Task Force for the National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education. Special Education Attorney Roundtable (SEAR). Advocates for Justice and Education. Disability Rights Council.
Interviewed by Mary Jean Collins, VFA Historian, July 2019
Photo 1. On the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour, 1983. Photo 2. Margy Kohn, circa late 80s.
More About Margy:
- Court of Appeals Affirms DC’s Obligation to Find, Evaluate, Serve Students with Disabilities
- Margaret Kohn v. Royal, Koegel & Wells Argued April 15, 1974 – Decided May 3, 1974
- Hearing before the Subcommittee on Civil and Constitutional Rights, September 30, 1982
- The American Archive of Public Broadcasting, The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour November 29, 1983 – discusses Title IX and the Grove City College case
- Select newspaper clippings 1972 – 1984