THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“Don’t Listen to What Anyone Tells You to Do! Listen to Your Passion.”
Feminist Activist and Scholar. Author. North Carolina NOW – Boone Chapter. “Founding Mother” of the South Eastern Regional Women’s Studies Association, Atlanta (SEWSA). Twice, Fulbright Scholar. Triangle Raging Grannies.
Interviewed by Kathy Rand, VFA, Executive VP, April 2019
Photo 1. Maggie McFadden. Photo 2. Maggie and the Raging Grannies.
More About Maggie:
- Interview with the Boettcher Foundation
- Guide to the Margaret McFadden Papers – Duke University
- Guide to the Margaret McFadden Papers – Special Collections at Belk Library
- History of Appalachian’s Gender, Women’s and Sexuality Studies (GWS) program
- Black Mountain College, Watauga College, and Me by Maggie McFadden
- Amazon – Golden Cables of Sympathy: The Transatlantic Sources of Nineteenth-Century Feminism – by Maggie McFadden
- NC National Organization for Women – Triangle Raging Grannies