THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“We’re the generation that had an opportunity to change things – and we did.”
Human Right’s Advocate, Policy Maker, Attorney, Author. Organizer and Member of New Haven Women’s Liberation. Founding Member of the New Haven Women’s Liberation Rock Band. Co-director Women’s Research Project. Director, Infant Formula Program, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, Founder and Former Chair of INFACT (Infant Formula Action Coalition), the international advocacy campaign known as the Nestle Boycott. Founding Member of the International Baby Foods Network, dedicated to the enforcement of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes. Former Board Member, Corporate Accountability (formerly INFACT). Currently, Staff Attorney, CAMBA Legal Services, Brooklyn, NY.
Interviewed by Kathy Rand, April 2019
Photo 1. Leah Margulies. Photo 2. Leah in 1972, New Haven Women’s Liberation Rock Band.
More About Leah:
- VFA Fabulous Feminist Biography
- New Haven Women’s Liberation Rock Band – song – Sister Witch (hear Leah playing the flute)
- Pro Bono Net – Q & A with Leah Margulies
- Nestle Boycott – Leah testifies at The Kennedy Hearings 1978
- Corporate Accountability
- Newspaper clippings 1977 – 1982
- Cited in Barbara Love’s Book – Feminists Who Changed America – page 298