THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“My Activism is Very Personal.”
A feminist singer/songwriter and book editor. Founding member of the board of the Poughkeepsie Women’s Center (1971 – 1973). Member of Kate Millett’s writers and artists colony at Millett’s farm in Poughkeepsie, NY.
Interviewed by Rebecca Lubetkin, Legacy, August 2021
Photo 1. Joan Casamo and Kate Millett. Photo 2. Joan and Linda Clarke.
More About Joan:
- Veteran Feminists of America
- Kate Millett Memorial Service, November 9, 2017
- Kate Millett Festival, June 24, 2012
- Gloria Steinem introduces Linda Clarke and Joan Casamo at the Celebrating Kate Millet event, November 7, 1998
- Our Last Days with Dolores Alexander, Linda Clarke and Joan Casamo, 2008
- As referenced in Joan’s interview, Finding A Woman’s Place: The Story of a 1970s Feminist Collective in the Adirondacks by Veteran Feminists of America, Lorraine Duvall
- Cited in Barbara Love’s book, Feminists Who Changed America, page 76