THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
October 25, 1941 – September 29, 2020
“If I have to, I can do anything. I am strong, I am invincible, I am Woman.”
Singer, songwriter, speaker, activist, author, actress. Veteran Feminists of America honorary board member. Recipient of the first-ever VFA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Photos 1 and 2. Circa 1970. Photo 3. “I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” album cover, 1970. Photo 4. Helen Reddy Day USPS Postmark, August 26, 2013, West Hollywood, CA.
Helen Reddy from the 2013 Australian TV series “Time Of My Life,” hosted by Kerri-Anne Kennerley.
More About Helen:
- Veteran Feminists of America
- Actress Kathy Najimy presents Helen Reddy with the first VFA Lifetime Achievement Award, May 1, 2006
- Equality, I am Woman produced and directed by Al Sutton, 2011. This inspirational short film of the 1970 Women’s Strike for Equality features the music of Helen Reddy, narration by Gloria Steinem and Jacqui Ceballos, and excerpts from Betty Friedan’s speech in Bryant Park.
- Fans mourn Australian singer and feminist icon Helen Reddy by Cathryn Boyes, September 30, 2020
- The woman behind the anthem: The late Helen Reddy was simply “Mum” to Traci Donat – she shares her life story by Elaine Lipworth
- I Am Woman director leads tributes to Helen Reddy
- I AM WOMAN Cast and Crew Q&A | TIFF 2019
- NPR – You’re Gonna Hear Them Roar: ‘I Am Woman’ Is An Anthem Beyond Its Era October 24, 2018
- Helen Reddy on Spotify
- Helen Reddy Official Facebook Fan Page
- Reddy Rocked The 70s – YouTube
- On C-Span – Feminist Expo and Mobilize for Women’s Lives Rally, 1996
- Cited in Barbara Love’s book, Feminists Who Changed America, pages 377-378.
- Wikipedia pages