THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
Dr. Elisabeth (Betsy) Griffith
“Things Do Not Change Unless You Are Involved.”
Historian; Author; Expert on Women’s History, Politics, Leadership and Education.
Interviewed by Judith Waxman, April 2021
Photo 1. NWEF training session in Atlanta in July 1974. Photo 2. Betsy with husband John Deardourff and daughter Megan at an ERA march, 1978. Photo 3. Betsy representing WCF at a Women’s Election Central press conference, with Kathy Wilson, head of NWPC, 1982.
More About Betsy:
- Betsy’s biography
- Judith Waxman has a candid conversation over Zoom with Pat Goldman, Alice Tetelman and Betsy Griffith about the early days of the National Women’s Political Caucus, May 2021
- Chevy Chase Historical Society Fall Lecture 2019 with Dr. Elisabeth Griffith
- Historian Betsy Griffith – Not Old, Better, Smithsonian Associates, May 2018
- The Women Who Met Hillary, 2016, The New York Times
- Betsy on C-SPAN
- In Her Own Right: The Life of Elizabeth Cady Stanton by Elisabeth Griffith, Nov 21, 1985
- Normally Proper GOP Women Come Out Fighting Over ERA, 1976, The New York Times
- Elisabeth Griffith in Prabook
- National Women’s Political Caucus Records, 1970-2006; Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.