THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
Founding Member of the National Organization for Women, the Women’s Equity Action League, the Michigan Democratic Women’s Caucus, and the Coalition of Labor Union Women. Founder and Co-Chair of Michigan ERAmerica and Co-Chair of the Michigan Task Force on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. Executive Board Member of the International Women’s Year National Women’s Conference Committee. International Representative with the United Auto Workers International Union’s Women’s Department. Served on the Michigan Civil Rights Commission and the United Auto Workers National Senior Citizens Advisory Council. Older Women’s League, Downriver Chapter. Coalition of Labor Union Workers Affirmative Action Task Force.
Salute to Pioneer Feminists, May 1994, Sewall Belmont House in Washington, DC, home of the National Women’s Party. Congressman William Ford Honors Dorothy Haener
Photo 1. Dorothy Haener. Photo 2. Dorothy Haener, IWY Commissioner and Representative of the United Auto Workers (UAW). Photo by Jo Freeman.
More About Dorothy:
- Sheila Tobias remembers Dorothy – Labor & The Women’s Movement – VFA St. Louis, MO 2014
- Some of Dorothy’s large family at the Labor & The Women’s Movement event – VFA St. Louis, MO 2014
- A Tribute to Dorothy Haener
- Dorothy Haener in Carol King’s film Passing the Torch
- Excerpt from “Step by Step: Building a Feminist Movement 1941-1977,” a film by Joyce Follet
- Dorothy pays tribute to Catherine East – VFA event May 1993 at Seventh Regiment Armory, New York City
- Michigan Women’s Hall of Fame
- Wayne State University Library – Dorothy Haener Records
- Cited in Barbara Love’s Book – Feminists Who Changed America – page 195