THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“We have it in our power to create a just and safe world.”
Playwright, Poet, Librettist and Activist. Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom. National Organization for Women. The Gay Women’s Alternative.
Interviewed by Rebecca Lubetkin, VFA Legacy, January, 2021
Photo 1. Blanche Cook and Clare Coss, circa 1990, photo by Margaret Randall. Photo 2. Poster of the off broadway play, Dr. Dubois and Miss Ovington, written by Clare Coss, 2014. Photo 3. Clare Coss and Blanche Cook at Authors Night, 2017, photo by Rose Billings. Photos 4 and 5. Macrame necklace with jade pendant (a bird flying backwards) created for Clare Coss by Audre Lorde.
More About Clare:
- Clare Coss website and works
- Clare Coss discusses Political Theatre: Women, Race & Power, Collington Residents Association 2017
- Blanche Wiesen Cook & Clare Coss by Elisa Rolle, 2015
- Poetry Fest for Clare Coss’ 80th Birthday, Center for the Humanities, 2015
- Interview Eldridge & Co.: “Dr. DuBois and Miss Ovington” Coss & Chalfant 2014
- Clare Coss papers, Smith College Special Collections
- Lesbian Herstory Archives
- Cited in Barbara Love’s Book, Feminists Who Changed America, page 97