THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
October 21, 1939 – November 4, 2017
“Black women can not be free until all black people are free; black women can not be free until all women are free.”
Writer, Educator, Organizer. Co-Founder and President of the Chicago Chapter of the National Association of Black Feminists. Founder of The National Alliance of Black Feminists.
Brenda Eichelberger in 1975.
More About Brenda:
- Interview with Brenda Eichelberger 1975
- “Voices of Black Feminism,” by Brenda Eichelberger Quest Magazine (Spring 1977)
- Brenda Eichelberger papers
- National Alliance of Black Feminists Papers, Vivian G. Harsh Research Collection of Afro-American History and Literature, Chicago Public Library
- Collection at the Chicago History Museum, Research Center
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Special Collections and University Archives Department at the Richard J. Daley Library
- Select newspaper clippings 1974 – 1980
- Cited in Barbara Love’s Book – Feminists Who Changed America – page 131