THE VFA PIONEER HISTORIES PROJECT
“Yes, the struggle is worth it.”
Professor emerita at Brooklyn College, historian of women’s activism, founder and director emerita of the Shirley Chisholm Project. Author of Shirley Chisholm: Catalyst for Change, 2013 and a co-editor of Clio in the Classroom: A Guide for Teaching U.S. Women’s History, 2009.
Interviewed by Judy Waxman, May 2022
Photo 1. Dr. Barbara Winslow. Photo 2. Dr. Barbara Winslow with filmmaker Shola Lynch, director of the award-winning documentary Chisholm ’72: Unbought and Unbossed at unveiling of Shirley Chisholm Black Heritage stamp at Brooklyn Borough Hall, January 2014.
More About Barbara:
- The Shirley Chisholm Project official website
- Select interviews and panels
- VCSS Scholars Hour: Rise Up: The Evolution of Women and Democracy, December 2020, Featuring Dr. Kerry Sautner & Madison Steele – National Constitution Center, Dr. Barbara Winslow – Brooklyn College, Ghazala Hashmi – Virginia State Senate, Kelly Convirs-Fowler – Virginia General Assembly
- Barbara Winslow Oral History, Antiwar and Radical History Project – Pacific Northwest, University of WA
- Voices of Feminism Oral History Project Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, May 2004
- Dr. Barbara Winslow interviewed by Rebecca Lubetkin for New Directions for Women, Morris County NOW
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Papers of Professor Barbara Winslow
- Cited in Barbara Love’s book, Feminists Who Changed America 1963-1975, pages 496-497